Level V Bakery is looking for a passionate Full Time/Part Time assistant baker to join the best vegan bakery in Vancouver!
Vegan Assistant Baker
Saturday 1:00pm to 6:00pm
Sunday 6:30am to 3:00pm
Monday to Wednesday 9:30am to 6:00pm
Baker Job Summary
We are searching for an individual who is passionate about baking, motivated and driven, able to bring positive energy, and has the desire to learn from the best vegan bakers.
This baker will begin by executing our basic recipes such as cakes, croissants, cookies and buns. Once that is mastered you will gain more responsibilities.
Successful candidates will bring their proven baking experience into an innovative, fast paced environment where workers are valued and supported in the work they do.
- Measuring and mixing ingredients according to the recipe.
- Baking buns, cakes, and pastries.
- Preparing frostings and decorating cakes.
- Arranging the display case in an appealing manner.
- Record keeping of temperature monitoring, inventory, receiving, and opening/closing checklist.
- Following sanitation plan, which includes cleaning and restocking workstations and ensuring that all equipment and premises is sanitized and prepared for the next shift.
- Maintaining adequate supply of ingredients and packaging and ensures the proper storage and refrigeration.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Impecable cleanliness
- Amazing organizational skills
- Strong communicational skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Able to work independently
- Respectful of the work space
- Willingness and eager to learn
- Driven and motivated
- Passionate about plant-based baking
Education and Experience:
- Previous baking and cake decorating experience is an asset.
- Familiar with baking techniques such as proofing, kneading, laminating.
- Familiar with operating baking equipment, such as mixers.
- Food Safe 1 is an asset
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to adhere to food safety plan, good hygiene practices, and health and safety regulations.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs, use your hands a lot, and stand for long hours.
To apply, please submit your resume with a short paragraph highlighting your strengths and previous experience, and why you are interested in this position at Level V Bakery, and to guage your level of expertise - please include a photo of something you have baked in the last 6 months. Please email email@example.com
Thank you for your applications, we will only be contacting the most suitable candidates.
Salary: $15.75 per hour + tips
Part-time hours: 14-36 per week
Expected start date: 2021-09-15
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time